Wednesday, October 30, 2002

I'm a day late with this, but dammit it, I'm telling you, I'm really friggin' busy...

Yesterday was our 2 year anniversary. During our wedding, we performed the white rose ceremony. It goes like this...

Me: Take this rose as a symbol of my love. It began as a tiny bud and blossomed, just as my love has grown and blossomed for you.

Her: I take this rose as a symbol of your love and place it into water a symbol of life. For just as this rose cannot survive without water, I cannot survive without you.

Me: In rememberance of this day, I will give you a white rose earh year on our anniversary as reaffirmation of my love and the vows spoken here today.

Her: And I will refill this vase with water each year ready to receive your gift in reaffirmation of the new life you have given me and the vows spoken here today.

Me: And so, this rose will be a symbolic memory of my commitment to you at this hour. I vow to be a good husband to you, to comfort you, to honor you, to respect you, and cherish you all the days of my life.

Her: And I commit myself to you to be a faithful wife, to comfort you, to honor you, to respect you, and cherish you all the days of my life.


There weren't too many dry eyes at our wedding...

I've known my wife for over 10 years now. We were friends long before we even thought about dating each other. And now, we've been a couple for over 5 years, married for 2. It's been rocky at times (all good relationships are), but I tell you, I plan on finding that vase every year and placing a single white rose in it...

No comments: