Tuesday, October 15, 2002

I'm thinking of redesigning the old site here... I'm thinking there will actually be some grey colors here, too. Although, I do think it's kinda funny or ironic or something that this place is called Everything Grey and yet almost nothing is actually grey. I have a design in my head, but I don't know exactly how to pull it off. I guess I'm gonna have hone my html skills. Some of the design change will be copy and paste. I might have to learn CSS, which doesn't look to difficult. This look now is a modified blogger template and it wasn't too difficult to decipher the code. But, I guess the best thing to do is start from scratch.

I don't know when you can expect the change to occur, but I really want to change the look... Just expect more greyness in the future...

I think I need an html editor on my home computer. I downloaded a shareware version coffeecup, and I liked using it, but like a dumbass, I let the free trial expire without doing much with it... Dreamweaver is installed on the work computer, but do I really want to use work time for such a project, especially when it's gonna get extemely busy soon... No...

I need a logo or something. I thought incorporating a ying-yang, but that idea is fizzling out. I'll be taking suggestions. It think it's probably obvious I'm not a designer...

Many people bitch about blogger, but I really haven't had any major problems. But I think that's because I'm very laidback about everything. This website shouldn't be causing me any stress. It's supposed to be more of a stress-reliever, a place to make jokes, and hopefully, a place where folks laugh (with not at)... I've thought about moving to Moveable Type, but I get the impression that I would have to install it on my work computer because many of my inspirations happen at work and if I don't write about it then, poof, bye bye blog entry. That's my main reason for sticking with Blogger -- because I can post at home and at work. I don't mind blogging at work; I usually do it during lunch, like now, or early in the morning when I get here. Though, I haven't really looked hard at Moveable Type or any other blog system. I just get the impression that it's not what I want to use...

And when I do this re-design, I'll have to make sure to update my blogroll because there are some blogs out there I like to read that I don't have on the roll... That's my rule, if I read it, I'll roll it. And I don't expect or ask for linky love either. I roll because I read, not because I need the love...

I'm a little bothered that many of my hits are coming from "Tamyra Grey" searches. I guess the Grey doesn't help. Or the post about American Idol. I'm also a little bothered that someone found this place searching for "hot beef injections". And now I'm getting hits from searches like "sniper I am god tarot video game" and "moulin rouge homosexuals." That last one I think I take offense at because it kinda implies only a homo could like Moulin Rouge. One of my best gay friends doesn't like it, and I friggin' love it, so there goes that theory... There was one other kinda disturbing search recently, but I only remember it was "pink naked" and some other words that didn't go with "pink" and "naked", like possibly "child"...

Well, all you freaks, welcome to my web world... which will one day soon, possibly even this year, will change...

No comments: