Saturday, October 19, 2002

Tale of Big Bird Catches Some Air -- Anchorage Daily News

This is an interesting story. Several people in Alaska have seen what is described as a flying animal with a wingspan of 14 feet or so. That's a wingspan of approximately 2 Brad Garrett's... Scientists believe it's nothing more than a Stellar's Sea Eagle, a bird twice the size of a bald eagle...

"I believe this is a possible Dragon Sighting," wrote "Anonoumous." "I believe that it is a Northern Ice Dragon."

Now, I WOULD think that this is some jokester trying to fake out the news, but then I note the spelling of "anonymous" and start doubting myself... Then again, it's a hard word to spell...

This quote scared me more...

"There was a recent sighting of a giant raptor in the Coastal Bend region" of Texas, writes a woman from the Houston-Galveston area. "Don't let the scientists blow this off. It could be the biological discovery of the century."

A giant raptor... My guess is this giant raptor was seen in Tinseltown's Cinema 19 during a screening of Jurassic Park 3 (or is it Juras-SUCK Park 3). Either that, or some drunk saw the dinosaur statue made out of hubcabs (I think) located west of Houston on I-10.

Despite the skepticism of some people, Bouker, the Dillingham pilot, said he knows what he has seen and agrees with some scientists that it's likely a Steller's sea eagle.

Thankfully, the person who saw this big bird believes what he was of this earth and not the famed Thunderbird of Native American legend...

No comments: