Thursday, January 30, 2003

Oh, the things we do for love...

The wife is directing "Aladdin and the Wonderful Lamp" at my favorite theatre. Only two rehersals are underway, and already it's shaping up to be a blast, even the rehersal process. Her show starts it's run two weekends after mine stops. Well, one of her main character's dropped out. I say dropped out, but we really don't know what happened to him. He was supposed to help backstage on my show and play the Nusphed the Camel in Aladdin. But, he didn't show up for our performance last Saturday, and he wasn't there for the second rehersal. In all fairness, his phone is disconnected and he doesn't have a ride to the theatre, but still, courtesy calls for calling both directors to explain his absence, even from the neighbor's or a pay phone. Unfortuneately, no one has heard anything from him in the past week. Most people are calling for his head and that's understandable, but I don't think anyone should "convict" him until we hear his side of things. Alas, that apparently isn't going to happen...

Back to the point... The things we do for love. In this case, there's a new camel in town and his name is ML. You really have no idea how much of a sacrifice this is going to be for me to make. I mean, I will in all likelyhood have to shave my moustache, at the very least, in order to make me look more camel-like. That's going to be 6 to 7 weeks of little to no facial hair, not including the month it takes to grow back. Oh, bother. Oh, the sacrifices we make for our love and our art.

Please, no comments about my toes...

Peeee Esssss: Da Guestbook is all wonely.

No comments: