Monday, February 10, 2003

"Thanks, that was fun. Don�t forget no regrets� except maybe one." -- BNL, "Thanks That Was Fun"

The other day I was listening to a song I hadn�t heard in rather a long time. It held some special meaning to me because it pretty well sums up the relationship I had with another person a long time ago. Well, that bond is gone and that person isn�t in my life anymore. While I may wish from time to time to see them, or wonder how they are, the past is well in the past.

People come into our lives for a reason. Some are there for a moment, some for a while, others nearly a lifetime. And sometimes, the ones you want to stick around for a lifetime are only supposed to be there for a moment, and vice versa.

It saddens me that a lot of my friendship/relationship bonds aren�t what they once were. There are plenty of people I haven�t had communication with months, even years. Yet, I have no problem saying I still love them, and occasionally miss them.

But my life isn�t with them anymore, or at least not this moment. That could change. I�ll let you know. Or feel free to let me know, too.

The song doesn�t hold the same meaning anymore. Where wonderful memories once lived and danced to the melody, now lies in a grave of sorrow and regret. It has an entirely different meaning and feel about it. I don�t know if I like it anymore.

No comments: