Monday, December 08, 2003

Festivus for the rest of us

I'll admit that I'm not really in the Xmas spirit. Yes, I'm sure I'll be full of joy and happiness and warmth on the days around Xmas, but I'm not really feelin' it this year. We're surviving at least. In the black, but not enough to be comfortable.

The blue is coming. The wave was set in motion and I can feel the first ripples lapping at the shore. If I can keep busy enough, maybe I won't notice and the tide will die down.

I'm talking and acting out in my sleep again. Of course, I'm not talking the meds and haven't for almost a year. Haven't seen the doctor since March. I don't want to take medication everyday for the rest of my life just so I don't act out my dreams at night. Perhaps, the acting out is all psychological. Maybe the depression has something to do with it.

God, this was gloomy. Time to smile.

Liz Phair makes me smile.

This hair cut and godchildren make me smile, too.

No comments: