Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Well, not everything grey...

The make-up lady for, "Fiddler on the Roof," wants me to dye my hair for the show. I don't have a problem with that. I've been dying my hair for years. But, since the character I'm playing is supposed to be 50 or 60 years old, they want me grey (heh... everything grey... well, maybe not everything, just the hair on my head)...

And you know, I don't think I'd have much of a problem with that. The biggest problem would be the strange looks at work. But as soon as I send the company-wide email advertising the show, I think most folks would understand...

Of course, we did talk about getting a grey spray, and that's fine, too. It'll wash out with the next shampoo. But, part of me wants to see what life would be like if I was "older" than I really was. It would be an interesting socialogical experiment, not unlike Costanza wearing a wedding ring to pick up chicks. Though, I'm sure the results would be different.

It would only be for a month. I could dye it back to my *cough* natural *cough* color after the show. Along with trimming the beard down. The beard is reaching "Cowardly Lion" lengths. A trim is needed, but not until after the show. Such is the life of a non-Christian pretending to be a Russian Jew. As Yenta says, "We suffer, we suffer we suffer in silence, right? Of course, right."

No comments: