Monday, October 11, 2004

"Sensitive Male" Defined

Yesterday, I played flag football for the first time in at least 5 years. Three times the QB threw the ball to me. The first was a dropped passed and missed 2pt. conversion. The second was a 5-8 yard gain for a 1st down. The third technically didn't count because the ball was hiked after time ran out, but I caught one for what would have been a TD. On defense, I did ok, I guess. Got a flag once, but they didn't throw my way often. Maybe that means I was good on D because I was covering so well, no one was open in my zone. Anyway, we won.

My body has not been put through these rigors in... well... a while. My muscles were sore and I think my knee was a bit off wack yesterday. My body still aches today. And what did I do to comfort my non-athletic body? I snacked on milk and oreo cookies while watching episodes of Everwood I missed earlier this TV season. Sensitive Male Defined...

Recently, I bought (ok, was forced into buying because I didn't fulfill the membership requirement) two CDs from Columbia House... Maroon 5's "Songs for Jane" and Journey's Greatest Hits. While I've been listening to both since they've arrived, I find I'm enjoying the Journey CD more because of sadness in the love songs (Faithfully, Separate Ways, Open Arms). Sensitive Male Defined...

A few weeks back, the kid and I were at the library to borrow some movies to watch. From the countless DVDs and VHS tapes, I choose two movies with hopes of watching them both before they were due back in a week. The movies: The Dirty Dozen and Torch Song Trilogy, two of my favorites. You'd think that's enough to define "Sensitive Male", but wait! There's more! Due to the hecticness of my week, I only got to watch one of the movies before they were due back. You guessed it... Torch Song Trilogy. Sensitive Male Defined...

No comments: