Thursday, May 05, 2005

Uninspired

I haven't really felt like I've had anything important to say here in the last week. There's nothing major going on. I haven't had any revolutionary thoughts or dreams to report on. Things are kinda slow, not that I'm complaining. But I often feel like I'm cheating if I don't post here at least every other day. Yet, I don't want this place to become a "This is every little minute detail of my day" kind of blog.

That's something I've noticed alot of lately. I personally don't like to read these kinds of blogs. At the same time, I doubt people who blog this way are doing it for the same reasons I do. When I first started this website, blogging was just taking off. That was over three years ago. The blogosphere has evolved somewhat since then. More and more people are journaling, as opposed to what I consider true blogging. I'm not complaining, just observing.

So, as I struggle not to let this place become a "day-by-day, play-by-play" journal (and, really, God help you if you're really concerned with what I had for lunch - Wendy's - or what I did for 5 minutes at 10:36am), I'll leave you with a link to what has made me giggle and laugh countless times. I still cannot get enough of this. Gary Brolsma never fails to bring a smile to my face... Numa Numa, yo!

What's really scary about this is that 15 years ago, that could have been me. I realized watching this the other day that when I was younger and had very few friends, I would entertain myself by playing music and either dance to it or play air/broom guitar... outside. By the age of 16, I had mastered playing Prince's "Let Go Crazy" on air guitar. Thank goodness the internet wasn't very prominent in 1990 or instead of the Star Wars Kid, you'd be laughing at the "Fat Prince Kid."

And, Boom goes the dynamite!

No comments: