Monday, October 10, 2005

He really listens

It's true, you know. God really listens to your prayers and answers them. I know there's some doubters out there reading this, and doubt what you want, but I am here to tell you He exists, He loves us all, and He listens.

You see, the Hurricane Mission Trip was scheduled for Oct. 26th - Oct. 30th, which means for me to go, I'd have to be away from my family on our fifth anniversary (Oct 29th for those keeping score at home). In addition to that, work kicks into high gear around then and it's very hard to take vacation time. Sweeps pretty much means no one gets vacation. Then, there was the pesky little issue of how to pay for it.

Well, I have been praying, talking to God, asking him to clear the obstacles in the way of going serve him. I started taking donations at work - a dollar here, a dollar there - to help cover my costs. My wife is completely understanding, knowing why I need to go on this trip. And (to my fault) I don't say this nearly enough, but that's why I love her. Plus, I was allowed the time off from work to go. So, most of the obstacles were removed. But, I still needed more money to cover all the fees.

Yesterday, I got an email saying someone has paid the $100 for me to go. So, I'm going. I'm not 100% sure who it was. Upon further investigation, I'm about 99% sure someone who reads this 'blog fronted the money. And I would like to thank them from the bottom of my heart. I don't know if they wished to remain anonymus or not, but for you, dear reader, their identity doesn't matter. No, all you need to take away from this is that God listens and loves you.

In a bit of a tangent, I ran across this Bible verse during my D-Team meeting the other day. It is as simple of explanation as I can come up with to explain Christianity in simple terms. Much more simple to understand than the previous sentence:
Psalms 24:3-4
Who may ascend the hill of the Lord? Who may stand in his holy place?
He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to an idol or swear by what is false.

What struck me about this verse is that It really is THAT simple and easy. Truly, It is.

No comments: