Thursday, June 15, 2006

Dream of High School

This was a dream I recently had...

I was in Clay Middle School for some reason and surrounded by people. That's not hard to project into a dream since Cinderella rehearsals are happening there. Anyway, in the crowd, I noticed someone I hadn't seen since high school. She was one of the persons in the "cool crowd" that was always friendly and nice to me. I've often wanted to attempt to contact her through, say, Reunion.com or something like that if the opportunity presented itself.

I kept my distance, in the dream, wondering how to best approach someone who might not remember me. We made eye contact and shared puzzled looks of vague recognition. Just then, I noticed she was there with the girl I crushed on in third through seventh grade. I lost all confidence in approaching them.

It would have been rude to not say hello, so I worked my way through the crowd to reassure them that it is indeed a small world. I wondered what the heck these two were doing in Indiana and imaged they'd be very surprised to see me there.

When, I finally reached them, I touched my friend on the arm to get her turn around and said some nice greeting. The exact words I forget. Then, the crush said, "She doesn't care to hear from you." That floored me as I looked my friend in the eyes and woke up. I remember she looked sad.

Now, what the heck was that all about? I don't know. Maybe it's my subconscious telling me to get over high school and move on. I like to think I've done that for the most part. Maybe I'm telling myself to not try to contact this friend. I don't know.

I'm a big believer that our dreams are trying to tell us things. I don't remember my dreams often, so when I do, I nearly obsess over the meaning. Any ideas? Serious ideas, I mean.

No comments: