Monday, November 13, 2006

To the ladies and gay men

Well, I just got the email about the Full Monty. I didn't get cast. And, I'm ok with that. I figure God's got other plans for me and that's just fine. Sorry to disappoint all the ladies and gay men. You'll have to make other plans to see me strip. *giggle*

Actually, I'm a little surprised at how ok I am with not getting cast in a show. That's probably a first... Being OK with not being cast. This ain't the first time I didn't get a part. Won't be the last. But, still, I'm not nearly as disappointed as I usually would be.

For a while before auditions, I prayed to God just for me to give the best audition I could. And, I feel like I did. I prayed for Him to be with me at auditions, and He was. I told Him that no matter what happened, I would be ok with the casting. If it was in His plans for me to be in the show, then that's what would have happened. But, it's not and that's just fine. He's got something else He needs me to do. And, I'll be there to do it.

Psalms 22:4-5 says
"In you our fathers put their trust;
they trusted and you delivered them.
They cried to you and were saved;
in you they trusted and were not disappointed.
What do I have to be disappointed about? I trusted God and I'm comforted knowing there's something else I can do for Him that's more important.

No comments: