Thursday, September 04, 2008

Hot Air

Well, I've watched Obama's acceptance speech, Gov. Sarah Palin's speech and John McCain's acceptance speech, and I currently have the overwhelming feeling that I will be voting for Bob Barr in November.

Don't get me wrong. I absolutely loved Obama's speech. It was very moving, but the next day I couldn't remember a single policy he outlined. I absolutely loved Sarah Palin's speech. I thought she handled it all very well and showed what she's all about. But again, I can't remember a single policy, except "Drill Now" type of stuff. McCain's speech didn't do a whole lot for me.

So, I guess I'm back to voting for the issues. And, really that's how everyone should be voting - basing their vote on the issues in which they believe.

I'm still planning on listening to all the debates. I should be able to make up my mind by then. With those, I, again, am looking for specific policy and not "my opponent says..." rhetoric.

Of course, the one who said "I'll pass the FairTax" first will get my vote. I have been looking for info on Palin's stance on the FairTax, but I haven't found anything.

Either way, if I had to pull the lever today, considering Indiana is likely to go to McCain, I'd check Bob Barr's box. After all, the best change I can think of is a third party rising in prominence.

1 comment:

Robert said...

Amen to that!

I like to dream that McCain is secretly a proponent of the FairTax, but doesn't want to let that cat out of the bag until after the election (lest the left use it as a basis for attacking him, using lies like "McCain wants to raise the price of everything you buy by 30%").

Anyone that has a fundamental understanding of business and the economy should easily grasp how a concept like the FairTax would be an incredible boon to (1) greatly expanding our economy and (2) stemming the tide of business fleeing what has become the 2nd highest corporate income tax in the world!