Monday, August 08, 2011

Just some blessings

  • Progress is being made on the re-organizing the whole house situation.  The wife wanted to rearrange things and that's fine with me.  Do what you want, get the kids to help.  She even mentioned something about a man-cave for me.  The only draw back is that her meds have really flipped her sleep schedule.  So, she sleeps when I'm at work.  When I get home, we do dinner, chill together, etc.  Then I go to bed around midnight and she and the kids get to work. I say kids, but we're talking 18 years olds - my kid and his friend.
  • My presidency is over.  And while I am relieved to have less responsibility, I am a bit worried about things.  Nothing I need to go into detail about.  Mainly, my way of doing things vs others way.  But, this is a blessing because I am less stressed and learning to step back and enjoy things I've neglected the past few years.
  • I've made the decision that it's time to move on in my career.  Realistically, stepping up into a managerial/department head type position is probably at least two year away though... unless we want to move... and start all over with a new company... which really isn't feasible after 12+ years of service and 4 weeks a year vacation and vested stuff...
  • So, I'm learning patience.
  • Oh, and I'm learning that when God really wants to me learn something, He teaches me is a way that makes me laugh at my own stupid bullshit.  Maybe I'll expand on this later.  Suffice it to say, I have to laugh when I think I'm one thing, but circumstances prove I'm not that and it's a good thing.
What's going good for you?

No comments: