Saturday, March 23, 2002

At the kid's Tae Kwon Do class, there's obviously a lot of kids. However, many of the kids are actually brothers or sisters of other kids actually learning the sacred art. And, a few of the mothers let these children roam free. Which wouldn't be bad if the 2 - 4 year olds would stay inside and not go near the parking lot where the car's don't notice anything.

At the last few classes, one of the cutest Oriental (Korean, I think) toddlers has been going outside to pick some of the flowers off of the bushes that are less than 10 feet from the parking lot. She can't been more than 3, and if she is 3, she just turned 3. Now, the
mother lets her do this and doesn't stay outside with her to watch her. Although, she does watch her from inside. And occasionally, the little girl will get too close to the parking lot. And occasionally, her mother doesn't notice.

So, I will take myself and my book outside (presently Tolkien's Lord of the Rings) and either sit on the bench or lean on a pole close to the flower-picker. One eye on the book, one on the flower child. I've only had to tell her once that she was too close to the parking lot. She looked at me funny like she didn't understand what I said (she's is only maybe 2). Then, she said something in Korean and turned from the parking lot, back to her flower picking.

Now, I'm thinking that I certainly wouldn't let my kid get that close to the parking lot. If I did, I'd be right with him/her picking flowers, keeping myself between the kid and the parking lot. Perhaps, it's a cultural thing? Or maybe, I�m just over-protective? I don�t know. I just know that one of the kids slept through half of the �Lord of the Rings� movie and thought it was �kinda scary.� And, I got a flower too.

In other news, thank you to the folks at Blog of the Day for making this barely month old place yesterday�s Blog of the Day. Never thought that people would read what I have to say. But I guess you do. Thanks :)

No comments: