Sunday, March 24, 2002

A few thoughts about E. T. : The 20th Anniversary

- It's a scary movie for little kids.
- Steven Spielberg...Wow.
- Peter Coyote's character is billed as "Keys." They never said his name in the movie.
- There's a healthy amount of curse or swear words you wouldn't want your 4-year-old to hear or say....like "penis breath"
- You really get a feel for what it was like to live in the early 80's.

Tonight's Oscar Night. I haven't seen all the movies nominated so I don't think I can make great guesses. While I'd love for Nicole Kidman to win Best Actress for Moulin Rouge, I think either Sissy Spacek or Halle Berry will in it. Russell Crowe will most likely not win because of the BAFTA incident, though he is probably the front runner. Best Picture...I really don't know. I'd like Lord of the Rings or Moulin Rouge to win. Preferably, Mouin Rouge. But I don't think Moulin Rouge will win anything other than editing or cinematography, or costumes. Lord of the Rings is a very safe bet for the other techinical awards. Best Director?? I don't know.

Yes, I'm one of the people who think Moulin Rouge was one of the most daring movies made in recent history. It's only a bonus that I get to drool over both Nicole Kidman and Ewan *swoon* McGregor...

No comments: