Monday, March 25, 2002

The only time I've ever been sure about what will win at The Oscars was when "Titanic" swept the place . I was sure of this because it was 3 hours of my life I can't have back. Ok, I'll concede it deserved the technical awards and best director, maybe...but in my opinion, it was not the Best Picture material...

So, the only prediction from this year's awards that I can claim I got right was Moulin Rouge for Best Costumes. And I have my wife to thank for that. Never ever bet against my wife for best costumes. NEVER.

Despite it's length, I enjoyed the whole show. Whoopi was a great host, as usual, though I think she was better when "Elizabeth," and "Shakespeare in Love" were up for awards. My favorite Whoopi moment was when she was introducing "Moulin Rouge" as a Best Picture nominee. She was talking about how much hard work went into making it and then said "Apparently all without a director." Big Laugh at the Academy for snubbing Baz Luhrmann in the Best Director category. Yes, he was snubbed.

And I don't wanna say anything more than what a wonderful moment in time to see Halle Berry and Denzel both win the Best Actress/Actor award. I don't think there's anything I could add that hasn't been said about that.

I wonder what the Bohemian movement would be like in the age of the internet...

Truth. Beauty. Freedom. Love. Blog.

No comments: