Tuesday, May 21, 2002

Happy Birthday to the best 9 year old boy ever!!!!

Namely, my boy. Wow! I really can't believe it's been just over 5 years since I entered his life. And how wonderfully he's grown. Such a mature kid. I can't begin to tell you how proud I am to be partly responsible for raising such an astute and talented little mind. I never thought I'd be a father figure today, but its one of the best joys of my life.

Since we already celebrated his birthday over the weekend, we're just gonna take him out to eat tonight. I was talking to him about where he wanted to go eat. The conversation went like this:

"Where do you want to go eat for your birthday tomorrow?"

"Burger King."

"No, we need to go somewhere better than Burger King. How about something like Tortuga's (Tex-Mex restaurant)"

"hmmmm...no....."

"Ok, what about Luther's (BBQ) or Joe's Crab Shack?"

"I don't like Joe's Crab Shack"

"Ok, then, how about Wing Stop (Chicken Wings)."

*Thinking: "They have to take me where I want for my birthday. So might as well try it"*

"Can we go to Hooters??"

"Um...you'll have to talk to your mother about that...."

*Thinking: "That's my boy"*

No comments: