Sunday, May 19, 2002

My knocks have been socked off... We did 2 ubergeek-happy movies today. Spider-man and Star Wars: Attack of the Clones. I'm still absorbing it all. We saw Spider-man first. On the ride home, I said that I didn't know which was better because Spider-man wasn't quite as good as I thought it would be and Star Wars was better than I thought (damn me for listening to the critics). Right now, I think I'm leaning towards Spider-man, but I don'thtink I can choose. I think I need to see them both again, which I'm sure I will...

Tobey Maquire was great as Peter Parker. And you could tell Sam Raimi was the director because the fight scenes reminded me of the fast-pacedness ('cause that's really a word there...) of the Evil Dead Trilogy. My god, Willem Dafoe. The faces that man makes on his downward sprial into insanity. I think the Green Goblin came very close to being a better movie villian than Jack Nickelson's Joker. If it wasn't for that mask, if the mouth would have moved, that would have put him over the top. And I think I'm just gonna leave my thoughts on Kirsten Dunst in my head (*wiping the drool off my chin*), you really don't wanna read that anyway. :D

Star Wars....Well, I have to say I really liked it. And for now, I'm gonna just look past the few bad things. Like (watch me get really nit-picky now), Padme is a cocktease. No, Anakin, we can't love each other, but I'm gonna parade around you in this flowing, backless and shoulderless dress. Seriously, I wasn't very perturbed by the lovestory. I enjoyed it. The whole movie in fact. Ewan McGregor continues to amaze me, but I too would get sick of being called his "Young Padawan Learner." He just says that a helluvalot. And, yes, Yoda kicks.

But can someone please explain how C-3P0 works on that moisture farm, but doesn't remember dink about it in A New Hope? Or why R2 never flew before? Or how these two became such quick friends in this one?

Lucas let someone else direct the last one. You just concentrate on the technology, design and story, but not the screenplay.

No comments: