Thursday, August 15, 2002

Impromptu Blues Song in the Key of B Flat (literally)

Well I woke up this morning and shoulda went back to bed.
Said I woke up this morning and shoulda went back to bed.
Said I got maybe 3 hours sleep and a pounding in my head.

Well I got off the couch where I laid my weary head.
Said I got off the couch where I laid my weary head.
Ain't no sunshine a-shining, a ton of rain came down instead.

Well I got ready to go and my truck she had a flat.
Said I got ready to go and my truck she had a flat.
So I drove her to Firestone and coughed up 75 cash.

So my wheels are a rolling in the pouring down rain.
Said my wheels are a rolling in the pouring down rain.
Then I hit Houston traffic, stop and go sure is a pain.

Well, folks in Houston can't drive, you should see them when it's wet.
Said, folks in Houston can't drive, you should see them when it's wet
Flooded streets don't stop dem beamers from speeding like a jet.

Well, I left home right around 8, got to work at half-past 10.
Said I left home right about 8, got to work at half-past 10.
What used to take me 20 minutes, took half the day instead.

Stroke dat 6-string for me Smiley...

(*Guitar Solo*)

Now I'm sitting a work now, meeting a client at 1.
Said I'm sitting a work now, meeting a client at 1.
Think I'll go home and play Grand Theft Auto when that's done.

I got dem flat-tire-no-sleep-raining-hard-like-a-mule-people-can't-drive Blues... OH yeah...


No comments: