Monday, November 04, 2002

Well, I'm gonna just have to kill the kid... I caught the cold that he caught from other sick kids at school... My voice is so cacaphonous right now; it sounds like I'm going through a really bad phase of puberty again.

Actually, I sound alot worse than I really am. My energy is pretty high, even after getting to bed after midnight and waking up just before 6am. I'll get a little tiny bit sweaty from a slight fever, but I swear my temperatue isn't over 98.6 degress F. My body temperature is rarely normal anway. 96 or 97 degrees is quite normal for me (See, I really can be cold-blooded)...

If the sore throats weren't so god-damn awful and painful, I wouldn't mind having a cold as much. The drugs I am taking do a pretty good job to clearing out the nasal passages so I'm not all drippy and runny. And there's hardly any cough. Funny, how since I quit smoking (what, it's been 5 years or so???) that I don't get bronchitis on top of my colds. In fact, I'd say, on average, I had a cold about 3-4 times a year when I smoked. Now, it's about once or twice, and it isn't nearly as bad. Just the sore throats.

I smell of Halls Honey-Lemon Cough Drops. I probably did yesterday when I got in to work after the Texans Game. My supervisor, who normally isn't here on a Sunday, probably thought I was a little tipsy. But, I promise all I had was Sprite and OJs (separately because I have to think together) in the sweet-ass suite we were holed up in thanks to 106.9 The Point. That smell, plus the medicine made me a little bit loopy... yeah, I'll be waiting for an intervention at work soon...

No comments: