Tuesday, November 05, 2002

This year, I almost did it... I almost voted... It took me moving to another state and going to get my new driver's license in order for me to registar in the first place... Then, I actually had the time today to get out to a polling place to make my voice heard... I was this close... So, what stopped me?

Well, first, I lost my voter registration card... Secondly, I couldn't figure out where I was supposed to go to vote. Really, I tried. I tried several times, searching the internet for an answer, but ultimately, my quest has hindered by my lack of search engine terms to look up...

The really sad part is that I'm one of those people who believe that it's really important to vote... And here I am, 10 years of voting eligibility and not a single vote cast...

Anyway, I was talking to a co-worker about not being able to vote... and then he shows me this*... My ass really hurts from kicking it all friggin' day...

* Note the link to "November 5th Polling Locations" on the page. From that link, not only can you search by name or address where your polling place is, but you can print your registration card, too... Also, note that above link takes you to the homepage of the place I work...

No comments: