Sunday, December 15, 2002

Why is this song stuck in my head? I think it's a Sinatra song... It goes something like this... And a 1, and a 2, and a 3:


"I love you, baby, and if it's quite alright, I love you baby. Blah Blah Blah blee blee blue something Baby. Da da dum da da dum dee dee dum. I love you baby, repeat ad nausem"


God only knows how long it's been since I heard that song, yet it's stuck in my head and won't go away. Let's see if we can figure out why it's stuck in my head. Let's see, I woke around 10:30am, after staying up really late watching Hair starring Treat Williams. Then, showered and dressed, I get to work, where we air Everwood starring Treat Williams. At work, I'm looking up movie promos to be tagged, and run across this gem starring Heath Ledger. He starred in the movie 10 Things I Hate About You in which to re-gain the love of Julia Styles, he sang:

"I love you, baby, and if it's quite alright, I love you baby. Blah Blah Blah blee blee blue something Baby. Da da dum da da dum dee dee dum. I love you baby, repeat ad nausem"

I guess that would explain it.

Hopefully, "When the Saints go marching in" will be in my head later today. If New Orleans beats Minnesota and the New York Football Giants (why do they call them that? Are there any other New York Giants these days?) lose, then the Saints clinch the playoffs. As an added bonus, Detriot has tied it up with the Buccs, and if the Lions win, too, then the Black and Gold should have a 1/2 game lead over Tampa Bay to lead the NFC South.

Update: Frankie or Heath, whichever, is still in my head... Minnesota 32 - Saints 31, Tampa Bay 23 - Detriot 20... Muthafucka. I think my fantasy team just got bounced out the playoffs too...

No comments: