Sunday, January 12, 2003

I notice the strangest things about commercials. I guess that's comes from my commercial production background...

Next time you see a commercial for the Visa Check Card or American Express or some credit or debit card commercial, watch it very carefully. Watch for the 1 second clip of the card being slid through the credit machine. The logo of the card company is always visible at the top of the card. Now, if you take a quick look at your credit card, you'll notice the magnetic strip is at the top of the card, too. So, exactly how is that card in the commercial being charged? The magnetic strip never goes through the slider. Unless, of course, they are filming me with hidden cameras when I slide my plastic 'cause I never do it right the first time. That little picture of which direction to slide always looks backwards to me.

No comments: