Sunday, February 23, 2003

It would seem as if the social life is picking up. I can tell because when I woke up this morning my head was screaming and I couldn't tell what was worse, trying to get up or trying to go back to sleep. No, I wasn't hungover. Well, not technically. Personally, I think you can only call it a hangover if there's the possibility of puking. My head was just pounding. 3 glasses of white wine. Ok, it was outta the box, but it wasn't my party. I ended up in the shower just sitting there with the water pouring over me. That helped, but still I'm quite sluggish.

I can also tell the social life is picking up because this is the second weekend in a row that I've gone to bed after 1am because I was actually tired and wanted to. Normally, I don't really get tired. I just go to bed because, well, nothing is worth staying up for and I do have work the next day. We had a great time last night, and how can you not when karaoke is the main attraction?!?! Have I ever mentioned how much I like to sing? I knew I liked Roy Orbison songs, but until last night, I never really knew exactly how much. Can't believe I hit the hit note in "Running Scared."

Probably the best part of the social life picking up is the people were socializing with. They are all talented theatre folk we are doing Aladdin with. The long and short of it is that this is the first time that the wife and I are feeling a camaraderie while doing a show at my favorite theatre. In the past year, we've worked on 5 shows at this theatre and this really the first one where everyone has become close friends. There have been moments of friendship, but most of those bonds sadly ended when the shows were over. This is the first time I feel we're making real friendship bonds and theatre contacts since moving here.

You know what I find funny? A person who acts like a complete know-it-all, even to the point of sounding like an idiot just so they can be right even though they are factually 100% wrong. I mean, a person who would dispute that 2+2 does not equal 4. A person that will contradict everything others say just to be contradictive. Ok, that in itself is not very funny, but add this to the mix: this person being completely sensitive to being talked about behind his or her back. A person who tries to talk a good game and then worries that people are making fun of him or her. Ok, it's not funny funny... It's ironical funny. And, it's all about the irony, baby!

No comments: