Tuesday, April 29, 2003

I realized recently that most of my closer friends are female. Sure, there are a few close males, but for the most part, most of the people I'd call friends are chicks. And really, some of those male friends are really female underneath. I wonder why that is. Perhaps, it stems from my school days when most every boy I became friends with betrayed me in some very minor or quite major way. What's weird, or interesting depending on your point of view, is that I've always been a little girl-shy. I didn't really date much. A few of the girls I crushed on became friends because I didn't want to embarrass myself and tell them "Hey I think I love you. *giggle*" Of course, the one's I did express my feelings to strangely are not in my life anymore. That's something to think about with a few glasses of wine... The first girl I had a serious relationship with I ended up marrying.

Not that I mind having chicks for friends. I just wish one or two of them liked football...

No comments: