Saturday, September 20, 2003

Live from the Austin City Limits Music Festival

Yep. I'm at the Austin City Limits Music Fest. Thanks to the SBC Yahoo tent for the net access.
Due to unfortunate circumstances, Liz Phair was not seen for by me. But, I have more than made up for that by seeing plenty of wonderful bands and hearing some great music.

So far, my favorite been the Los Lonely Boys. Check 'em out if ya got the change. Dwight Yoakam sang "I want you to want me" by Cheap Trick. And today, there was a wonderful tribute to Johnny Cash. They played his cover of Nine Inch Nails' "Hurt." This was the first time I've heard or saw his version. I'm not a big Johnny Cash fan, but by the end of the video, there were a few tears in my eyes. We just saw Robert Randlph and the Family Band and they were excellent.

Now, I gots ma buzz on and there's more music to hear and dancing to do. So, 'cuse me while I gets ma party on!

No comments: