Tuesday, February 24, 2004

I AM NOT Tamyra Grey

Do a Yahoo search for "Tamyra Grey", and my blog is #2 & #7 on the list...

Do a Google search for the same, and old entries come us as #2 & #3...

One problem...

I AM NOT Tamyra Grey

Normally, I would be thankful that the search brought an extra soul to town. Maybe that soul searching for Ms. Grey is smart enough to realize that this site has absolutely nothing to do with the woman. Maybe even that soul was touched by something I had to say.

I wouldn't think that you could confuse me or anything on this blog with Tamyra. I'm not black. I'm not a woman. I CAN sing, but even my ego doesn't think I'm as good as her.

The following is an email I received today at my email address: everythinggrey-at-yahoo-dot-com:

Hello, just wanted to say that I love your version of dance with my father better than mr vandross. Been listening to it over and over again and it's great.

Doesn't that just crack you up?

Part of me wants to tell this sad soul that he's got the wrong person. But, an evil part of me wants to reply as if I were indeed Tamyra. Part of me wants to really fuck with his person. Part of me wants to send him this reply:

Dear John, thank you for the lovely compliment. Actually, I really hate that song. I don't know why I'm telling you this, but I feel I can trust you for some reason. I'm not ashamed to say that when ever I sing that song, in my head I'm replacing "father," with your name. Yes, this really is Tamyra. Why would I lie? Make sure you tell all of your buddies that we are in love. They will believe you, after all, they are your friends. Love, Tamyra

But, evil doesn't look good on me. I'm more of a winter...

In unrelated news, I haven't had a headache at work since I gave notice... Makes you wonder...

No comments: