Friday, March 12, 2004

Fuck, it's cold!

Snow Flurries with a High of 36 degrees... A HIGH of 36 degrees. Welcome to Indianapolis. I'm lovin' it.

I'm currently in an internet cafe called Net Heads. It's cool. There's a bunch of geek-looking gamers playing whatever. Me? I'm just checking in and checking up. I don't know how often I'll be able to post once I start working. I kinda don't want to start blogging at work. At least, not right off the bat. And since I don't have a computer, this is the best I can do. Internet cafe... Hey, the Garlic Chicken pizza is good. Be glad you're reading this and not talking to me because the garlic is STRONG!

After this, I'll be going make a few rounds looking for a place for the family to live. I've got some good leads. We'll see how it goes.

Note: Coffee and garlic chicken pizza don't really go together. Trust me...

So far, I am most amazed at how little traffic there is here. In Houston, it wasn't uncommon for traffic to come to a dead halt for no reason whatsoever. It didn't even have to be rush hour. Today, I drove the route I will be taking to work to see what time I'd need to leave the place I'm staying to get there on time. It only took 25 minutes. Not a single slow down in sight. The 465-Loop here has a speed limit of 55mph, but I was getting lapped going 65mph. I'm starting to really like this town.

In the words of Little Orphan Annie, "I think I'm gonna like it here..."

Until the next time I am in need of garlic chicken pizza...

No comments: