Friday, July 09, 2004

Dear God...

Did you have to make it rain today? Couldn't you have just held out for just a few more hours? It's bad enough that only a few people from the were going to go to the outdoor showing of "Singin' In The Rain." But, did you have to take away the best chance I've had since moving of getting to know people better and making new friends? I know that the rain is good. It waters the plants, cools the earth and the temps and all. Sometimes, I think you sit up there and say "Let's see how I can mess with my good friend, ML, today." Don't get me wrong, I'm not doubting your wisdom for the rain. I don't even mind that the weatherpeople think your plan is to let it rain off and on all weekend. But would a few more hours of sunshine really have been so bad?

*Sigh*

Well, anyway, thank you for the Reese's Pieces and for the skill, knowledge and talent to get all my work done early on a Friday.

No comments: