Sunday, January 30, 2005

Gimme down to there hair...

Someone got their hair cut! (Click here to see a pic) Trimmed up the beard, too. No, it was not in response to Citibank's commercial. Heh...

I didn't go through with the previously mentioned baptism. It wasn't quite my time I don't think. Though, I am expecting that God and I will do quite alot of conversing about my eventual baptism, or re-dedication.

There were two people who did get baptized today. It was a very emotional ceremony. And not all... ritualistic. That's what I liked about it. There wasn't the 1000 questions you answer "I do" or "I will" to like in Catholic baptisms. The Pastor just said a few good words and played a videotape telling the "story" of the two being baptized. That is to say, a video of them explaining what being dunked into water meant to them. Very emotional stuff. I was quite moved.

With Godspell, maybe it's asking alot, but I really think the rehersal process for this show will help transform me into a betteer person. I'm imagining that it will be a time for personal insight and growth. It's both exciting and a little bit frightening...

No comments: