Monday, April 04, 2005

Stream of Consciousness, Part III

We had nine people in the audience for the Saturday Matinee. Some of the rumblings backstage before the show including thoughts on cancelling the show or grumblings about why do a show for nine people. Seriously, there were more people on the stage than in the audience. Since the Artist's Studio was not going to cancel it, I keep trying to keep the casts spirits up in order to focus on giving those nine the best show yet. Our goal was to get everyone up and dancing during "Light of the World" before intermission. We suceeded on that. And, for our efforts, those nine people congratulated us with a standing ovation. That's some serious mad props from nine people. Audiences that small generally to... self-conscious... about stuff like that. But, they were a much better audience than the nearly-packed Sunday evening show. Sunday was like crickets. I'd like to think the Sunday audience enjoyed the show. But, it was hard to tell. The director came up to each and every one of us during intermission and blessed us for not letting the lack of audience reaction bring out performance down. I know some of the folks on Sunday were into the show. A cast member said she saw a few people singing along and one woman was moved to tears during my solo (hopefully because it was THAT good. heh).

So, did you hear the Pope passed away? Since I don't really consider myself Catholic, I'm not in mourning, persay. But, my heart does go out to the bajillion of Catholics who are mourning the loss of their spiritual leader. I've done a little bit of reading up on John Paul II and what he's accomplished. "Good man" would be an understatement. I'm actually pretty interested in learning more about the history of Popedom and the whole process of choosing a new Pope.

I said I would review a movie or music CD for The Crux's newsletter, but I might be over my head. I'm sure I could pull it off, but I have no idea what to review. It's due at the end of the month. I'm at a complete loss on what to review.

Wrestlemania 21 was pretty darn good. I haven't watch a wrestling Pay-per-view since, gosh, Starcade '96, I think. Sting vs Hogan. That's actually when I started losing love for the Stinger. Hogan pinned him, but apparently the ref had a fast 3-count and the match was restarted. Sting then won the match. But, as much as I hate to admit it, looking back at the tape, I couldn't see a fast 3-count. Looked like a regular one to me. In my mind, Hogan won that one. By I digress. Wrestlemania 21 was great. Hung out with my kid at a castmate's house for it. It's good to have a "wrestling buddy." I miss watching WCW Nitro or WWE Raw with my pals. Those were fun nights. Hopefully, there will be more "wrestling night" in the future. Maybe a trip to Chicago for Wrestlemania 22 is in store...

No comments: