Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Experiment

I thought this would be an interesting experiment to try. During the mission trip training, we were told to constantly be aware of Spiritual Warfare, of Satan doing his part to hurt the mission. One thing I think he of the red horns will do is try to keep me constantly discouraged about the task and mission at hand. Then, I thought wouldn't be neat if at the moment I get discouraged, I'd receive a text message. What really interested in me in that thought was if the text message was a random Bible verse that somehow pertained to the problem and temptations I was having at that moment. I mean, it would be all mystical and all if the texted verse actually fit the situation, wouldn't it? One person sending some random Bible verse to another person, neither of which know what the other is going through at the time.

It would be like that commercial for the Time Life Books: Mysteries of the Unexplained. A woman in Wisconsin accidently burns herself on the stove and over 1,000 miles away, her twin sister's hand starting hurting. Yeah, like that, but Jesusy. Yeah, it's a word. It means... um... Jesus-likical.

Ok, I'm not making much sense with this I figure, but I was staring a two computer monitors for 13 hours straight today. So, my eyes are crossed and my scrain is brambled. Two days of that, too. Not that I'm complaining. I knew full well that taking time off right now for this mission trip wasn't the best idea at work. But, that's the sacrifice I'm making for this trip. That's the priority...

So, this experiment. Basically, when you get a wild hair in up your keester, break out your Bible (or go here) and text message me some random verse. It will be a neat experiment to see if any messages come at a time when I and/or the group needs the encouragement. Of course, for this to work, you need to have my cell phone number. And, well, if you don't have it now, you ain't getting it on this website. Though, if you email me, I might be inclined to share. And if you don't have text message capabilities, whether you have my cell number or not, there are ways around that (Send to: everythinggrey).

No comments: