Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Apologies for a Sucky Post

There just hasn't been anything interesting for me to talk about lately. Same Crap, Different Day. Someone should put that on a T-shirt. Speaking of T-shirts, I saw one somewhere I want. It says: "Pedro lacks political experience." I giggled when I saw that. It's late and I'm suffering from lack of sleep. It's my own doing; it's not like I have insomnia. No, I'm quite sure I'll be asleep the moment my hair hits the pillows. I'm rebelling against sleep. Yeah, that's the ticket. Seriously, nothing going on. We rented Smackdown VS Raw 2006 and that's all my son and I have been doing. WOW. This post sucks. But, at least I'm writing, eh? Need to have some crappy posts once in a while. Gotta spew the bad stuff out so there's more room for the good stuff.

As bad and boring as this post is, it's interesting to note that I've neglected my relationship with God for about two weeks. Not that I am not having relations with the Lord, but I'm just neglecting them. Just a while ago, I really prayed for the first time in about two weeks, not counting church services. Sorry about that, God. Really, I know that spending time with you is great and always a wonderful experience. But, I've been neglecting my prayer time and it's no wonder I'm having trouble listening to you these days. It's no wonder I have absolutely nothing else to say or talk about.

Wait a minute! Maybe I do... Ok... People reading this... Can you see where I'm going with this? It doesn't take much for life to speed on by. You have to make time your own. You have to slow down and fit in your friends into your schedule. You have to slow down and make time to talk with God. You have to slow down and appreciate every moment you can. Time to carve out time for what's important. For me, that's relationships... with God, with my wife and son, with my friends - both near and far - and family. ML, remember that in a few months when time is going to speed up and you'll feel like putting all that on the back burner for no good reason.

Surely, I can make my point better than that. How's this? See ML play video games. See ML ignore relationships. See ML ignore God. See ML ignore his wife. See ML take everything for granted. See ML ramble. ML not good, not happy. See ML struggle with blog posts. Stuggle, ML, Struggle.

You see how that works? Ignoring what's important will affect your life. Or something more eloquient.

If you made it this far into my sleep deprivation, I have one small, simple request. Leave a comment just letting me know you come here and read my ramblings. Judging by the stats, I'd say there are more than two regular readers, yet I never hear from you invisible folks. I'd really like to know who you are, where you're from, why in heaven's name you find this place interesting enough to come back to time and time again.

No comments: