Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Wish List

It seems that I might be a little hard to shop for... at least a few people have told me that in my life. And, it has been requested of me to make a list of things I'd like to receive for Christmas this year. Seeing how World Peace doesn't come in wrapped in paper and bows, I will oblige.

This is rather difficult for me because I really don't like telling people what to get me. It's rather pretenious. I'm really the sort of person who prefers the giving than the receiving. Generally, I'm more content with the knowledge that someone cares and loves me enough to feel like they should express that love than I am with the gift.

I don't expect ANYONE to get me a single thing on this list. I don't really expect anyone to get me anything (except maybe for family for the obvious reasons). Some things I'd like to have are simply out of the queston for a wish list - an iPod, a new dryer, a mini-dv camera, a new computer - because, wow, that's way too much love for me to handle. But, the following things I, no doubt, would enjoy, if someone wanted to make sure to get something I would enjoy. Also, you don't have to think of this as a holiday wish list, but more of a window into knowing me better.

Eddie Guerrero Tribute XXL T-Shirt - Look, the sooner you accept that I like pro wrestling, the better off we'll be. Eddie Guerrero was probably this generation's most entertaining wrestler. He lived a difficult life that included drug and alcohol addiction, and marriage problems. But, he battled his demons, sobered up and changed his life around. He found his faith and helped others find theirs. When he passed away (far too early), he was completely sober for four years. His life is an inspirational story that should not be forgotten. And, if you don't believe me...

Cheating Death, Stealing Life: The Eddie Guerrero Story - watch this before wrapping it all pretty and you'll see. Viva La Raza, Papi. R.I.P. Eddie.

Bret Hart DVD - when I said I like wrestling, this man is what I mean. I'm not a big fan to today's extreme, hardcore, styles. Bret is possibly the best technical wrestler there has ever been. And that makes him one of my favorites.

The Fair Tax Book by Neal Boortz and Congressman John Linder - I listen to Neal Boortz's radio show a few times a week, and his talk about his book has me wanting to read it. I wanna see what all the hubbub is about.

Cowboy Bebop DVDs - I don't like anime but Cowboy Bebop is incredible. I linked to the box set ony to have one link, but really any of the sessions are wonderful.

Guster On Ice - I can't believe I haven't bought this myself yet. Just my favorite band to see live doing their thing on DVD.

The Chronicles of Narina by C. S. Lewis - never read them nor had the chance. But I have the feeling after seeing the movie, I will want to absorb them.

Various DVDs - House (Season 1); Lost (Season 1); Firefly: the Series; The Complete Superman Set; Hair; Godspell; Jesus Christ: Superstar; A Mighty Wind; Best In Show, Eddie Izzard (not Dressed to Kill, Definate Article, or Circle); Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle; Serenity...

There, are you happy now? I love you, too. I'm tired. Save this list. You can use it again next year and the year after that, and the year after that...

No comments: