Thursday, May 04, 2006

Coincidence? I think not.

Still in pain. Root canal scheduled for May 22nd. Hopefully, the antibiotics will get rid of any infections before I run out of vicodin. I really don’t want to call the dentist for a refill on that. Being loopy for more than two weeks is not a good thing.

I was talking online last night to my friend from high school who recently got back in touch with me. He was telling me that his now-ex-wife keeps wanting to have sex with him when he’s around. Apparently, she was the one who broke off the marriage (for a 19 year old boy). He said that he felt guilty about having sex with her again. It’s my understanding that it’s a cycle. He visits, she wants him, he gives in.

He told me that the day he contacted me he prayed to God for guidance in this situation. Once he got in touch with me, I, too, prayed to God wondering why all of a sudden was he getting back in touch with me. I figured that God had some reason for reconnecting us at this time.

A few weeks ago, I was reading the Book of Ecclesiastes and this one verse popped out to me. It was Ecclesiastes 7:26:
”I find more bitter than death the woman who is a snare, who heart is a trap, and whose hands are chains. The man who pleases God will escape her, but the sinner she will ensnare."
I don’t know why that verse popped out, but I underlined it so I could easily find it again.

When he told me about the problems with his ex, I asked him if I could quote the Bible. Being a believer, he had no problem with that. So, I typed that verse for him to read and think about. It seemed to fit his situation and the problem he was struggling with. He really appreciated that verse and thought it was just what he needed to hear. I told him that God talks to us all the time, but we don’t always hear him.

I truly hope he is able to deal with this situation. Despite, well, getting some, he didn’t seem right or comfortable with the choice to continue sexual relations with his ex. Hopefully now, he will be able to make better choices for himself and his family.

It sure seems like coincidence how this all played out. He happened to pray for guidance on the same day he talked to me. I happened to read a Bible verse that struck me something funny. We happened to be online at the same time for the first time since he contacted me. I saw a sign outside of a church recently that sums it up: Coincidence is God speaking to you anonymously. How true.

No comments: