Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Opened

I guess I should say something about the show since it's opened. Friday and Saturday night's shows were about 1000x better than the previous preview night and 2 rehearsals before that. Those three rehearsals were not good shows. Most everything was in place. There wasn't dropped lines really. There was just no energy. I think we had reached a point that the show was audience-ready but because we didn't have an audience or its energy, we didn't have any energy either.

But, the opening night, the show was pretty damn good. The second night was even better. We got a lot of needed energy from the audience. And not just energy but laughs. You never know what an audience will laugh at. It wasn't perfect - we need to improve the scene changes - but we still had two very good shows. If I find a review, I'll post it.

And you know what I like about this show, I mean, besides the show itself. Not a single diva. Not a single bad vibe from anyone. Everyone has been a complete joy to work with. And, it's casts like this that I get the most enjoyment out of. Just friendly and talented people and I can't say enough about that. I can't wait for the next opportunity to work with any of these people again (which I am hoping that will happen with "Children of Eden" next fall).

No comments: