Thursday, July 29, 2010

Simple Explanation of Faith

This might be the most simplest explanation of Faith in God I have run across. Don't know where it originated, but the place I found it (the comment's section of Fark of all places), said they were paraphrasing...

A poor man comes out onto the porch every day and says, "Dear God, please save my family from hunger. All of my money goes to paying for this house." Every day, his atheist neighbor yells over, "You're a fool! There is no God!"

One day, as the man comes out to pray, he sees several bags of groceries lying there. He says, "Thank you God for providing for my family. I knew you'd hear my prayers." At that point, the atheist neighbor jumps out and says, "Ha! I bought those groceries! There is no God!"

The poor man then says, "Dear God, thank you for not only providing for my family, but getting the atheist to pay for it!"

Moral of the story: Perception is reality

I think that pretty much sums it up...

No comments: