Monday, September 09, 2002

Folks, I think I must of had about 3 heart attacks from watching football yesterday.

First, a heart attack of extreme pleasure and excitement to see the Mighty Rams fall. If there is a single bone of hate in my body, it's all directed at the St. Louis Rams. Except for Marshall Faulk and Torry Holt because they are on my fantasy football team.

Second, The New Orleans Saints gave me another heart attack, as only the Saints can do. Just when you think they are going to roll, something happens and the game ends up 20-20 in overtime. But, the boys in black and gold were able to kill the Bucs momentum and put one in the win column. Just call this The Weekly Heart Attack because the Saints always always always do that. Well, now that this game is over, I can go back to liking the Bucs. I only dislike them twice a year now, when they play the Saints.

And finally, my third heart attack of the night came when the Texans shocked the Cowboys and the entire NFL by not only beating "America's Team" but handling them 19-10. Most people around Houston would probably be ok with a 1-15 season as long as the Texans beat the Cowboys. The I-45 Bowl Champion is Houston's to hold and defend until they play the 'boys again, in like 4 years (That's for you, File13).

And the icing on the cake is that my fantasy team -- I call them Texan (S)Ain'ts -- won their first game, too. Not the highest score, but a win is a win and that's something to work on for next week.

Hopefully, my fragile widdle heart can take all dis football excitment...

No comments: