Saturday, September 07, 2002

Well, as far as I'm concerned, Tropical Storm Fay is well over. In fact, where I am, you could barely say she ever arrived. For the most part, it's been a near constant light drizzle. Occassionally, I'd hear a harder pitter-patter on the windows, but I can't recall any thunder. The hardest part of the rain, I easily slept through last night. Though, I did wake up to my clock blinking red in my face. Strange that was the only clock in the house blinking...

Of course, there are those who are not as lucky as I am, and I understand Fay is still bringing some heavy rain to the coast. Jack over at The People's Republic of Seabrook has been chronicaling T.S. Fay for the last few days (scroll down a bit and read up). Very interesting read, considering I'd say we live less than 40 miles apart, as the crow flies. He got it worse than we did, but nothing too bad.

Tropical Storms and hurricanes are funny in that you never know what you'll get with them. T.S. Allison proved last year that a "little storm" can pack a helluva punch. I've been through T.S. Juan, Hurricane Andrew, T.S. Francis, Earle and Hurricane George (those last three all hit within a week each other) and probably a few more I'm forgetting about. They never really bothered me, but then I've been lucky enough not to lose anything in these storms. As long as I've got the candles ready and a good book, I'm pretty much good to go.

And, if I didn't have a family to worry about to, I'd probably wouldn't evacuate until a Category 3 hurricane or higher was forecast to make a direct hit on my place. I'm dumb that way...

No comments: