Sunday, November 24, 2002

Kung Pow: Enter the Fist sucked hard. Kung Po Chicken, however, doesn't suck. Kung Pow is just horrible. Ok, actually, I'll give the movie props for the technical side of things. Most of this film has Steve Oedekerk digitally inserted into some martial arts movie. The lines were re-dubbed and re-written and it's supposed to be funny, but it really wasn't. How many times can you laugh at seeing a dog bark and then hearing the bark 3-5 seconds later? According to the movie, at least 3. It really sucked...hard. The worst part is this.

Much to my surprise, I found myself laughing hysterically at Dude, Where's My Car? I thought this would be full of potty-mouthed, juvenile toliet humor, and I only counted one bathroom joke. Yes, it was juvenile, but sometimes, you really need some of that humor. Such as, the "and then" scene at the Chinese Foooooood drive-thru. And most of the potty-mouth was pot talk, after all, this is about (supposed) stoners. It's insane to think of how fucked-up those two guys had to be to not remember anything that happened to them the night before. How could you forget getting a lap-dance from break dancing strippers in wet tee-shirts? I thought this movie was so funny that I wouldn't mind at all if it were some how added to our DVD collection during the holidays. As much as I enjoyed the movie, I don't think this is a good idea...

I think my wife will be happy to hear me say that I'm glad I didn't fall asleep again on Flash Gordon. I have a bad habit of falling asleep on cult-classic sci-fi movies. We've tried watching Buckaroo Banzai 4 times now and I've fallen asleep everytime.

Now, all we have left for the Weekend Movie Marathon is The Dangerous Minds of Alter Boys, Topsy Turvy and about 5 or 6 more loads of laundry (almost halfway done!!).

By the way, my fortune cookie says "Someone special admires you." So, could you just fess up please? :P

No comments: