Monday, March 10, 2003

Everything Grey is celebrating one year of 'blogging, and in typical ML fashion, the anniversary post is a few days late. Only about 3 days late.

Whenever I try to figure out why I blog, it comes down to these reasons. This is a creative outlet for me and I get to leave my impression on the world. It's a place for people - friends and strangers alike - to enter my mind and, hopefully, get a good laugh. It's a place to organize a few thoughts. Mostly, it's a place to unwind and laugh at the little things in life. My hope is that people who come here, by whatever means, leave with a smile.

I thought the most appropriate way for me to celebrate was to look back over the archives and choose my favorite posts. So, I guess, these are my top 10 favorite entries over the past year. Enjoy... again... for the first time... in no particular order... if blogger's archives are working...

Dishwashing: Humor can be found in the most ordinary things. If I were a stand-up comedian, this would end up in my routine.

Aliens Part 1 and Part 2: If I were a paranoid conspiracy theorist, this would explain a stomach virus. Parts 1 & 2 should be read together, tongue firmly planted in cheek. These are bits of paranoid humor to deal with a rather ordinary occurance. In reality, I know I've just got a keg rather than a six pack, but having aliens inside of your is much easier to deal with than the reality of being overweight. Funny side note - someone linked to me just before I posted these. I noticed after she read them, I was de-linked. I guess she didn't get it was a joke...

Rollerskating Memories: Sometimes, it takes a minute to get to the punchline, but I think this is a very well-told story. Probably the best picture I've painted with words.

U2 can find what your looking for: I was hoping to do more posts like this. My interpretation, or in this case interpretations, of songs that have a personal meaning to me. This one is about love and religion.

The Right to Vote: I love irony. The links in the post probably don't work, but the footnote explains it all.

Terrorists, Remember the Alamo: We really can learn a lot from history, especially about the American Spirit.

The Surreal Vince Neil WB Life: My attempt to mock a few WB shows and Vince Neil. While, I feel like I hurried through this and it isn't as good as it could have been, I still think is pretty funny.

Flushing an education: Why automatic flushing toilets are not a great invention.

The Real Columbia Tragedy: My thoughts on the Columbia Shuttle Disaster and why the shuttle blowing up shouldn't be too big of a deal.

Friends Come and Go: Just sharing some life experience to help whoever, including myself, let go of the past.

Now for the sad part... I'm very unsure about this, but I need to take a break from 'blogging. There are so many things happening in my life right now, I find it very difficult to maintain this place as well as I'd like. So, until things slow down, I need to stop. The good news is that a break should give me a chance to catch my breath and come up with some fresh ideas. Not that I have more than a handful of people who might care about the lack of updates for a while. Like I said, I am very unsure about this, and in all honestly, I have no idea when I'll get back to this. It could be next week, it could be next month, I really don't know. In the meantime, feel free to drop me a line. I would love to hear from anyone. Thanx.

No comments: