Thursday, April 24, 2003

As a rule, I don't mind staying late to finish up a project. But my other rule is, if you can't leave by 5:30pm, then you're not doing your job right. Really, I don't mind staying an extra hour or so to put the finishing touches on a project. Of, if the edit system crashes at 5pm, I don't mind staying to fix it.

My department is ordering lunch today - a first day of sweeps tradition - and a co-worker said that they might as well order supper, too. Apparently, they are thinking we will all be so busy as to warrent working untl 8 or 9pm. I don't think so. At least, I know I won't be. Maybe 6:30pm at the latest for me, and that's only because I got booted out the edit room while someone much slower to edit than me trys to figure out how the system works. I've only explained how to copy a video file from one job to another about 1000 times. That's not an exaggeration. A million would have been.

Presently, I have about 4 projects that are all due by tomorrow. Two need to be done today. All will be finished on time without having to stay ungodly late. I don't mean to come off as arrogent, but I know what my strengths are and efficiency is one of them. Speed with quality. Confidence in my work skills. That's the key.

While I wait for someone to learn to use the machines more efficiently, I think I'll send people voo-doo curses...

No comments: