Wednesday, May 07, 2003

Dirty Confession time: Last week, I ran out of my anti-perspirant. The aerosol had nothing, nothing I say, left in it. Left with no alternative, aside from going without which would have surely ended in a smelly, wet disaster, I was forced to used my wife's Lady Speed Stick. And because I couldn't get to the store for a while, I have been unable to buy any anti-perspirant for myself and, therefore, have been relugated to continue using her stuff. And, damn it, I liked it. It kept me dry and feeling fresh all day. Soon, I became addicted. I was checking the stick for stray hairs and removing them so no one would discover my dirty sick secret (it really is strong enough for a man!). I knew I had a problem, so last night I did something about it. I was at the grocery store at 12:45am standing in the deodorant aisle. Tempted, I was, to getting my usual spray-on, but I made a bold, bold decision. I'm back on the stick, but it's my own brand, and we'll see how it goes. So far, so good. No wetness, no odor. We'll just take it a day at a time... that's all I can do...

In other news, I auditioned for a short film my friend wrote. Something about bad marriages and lesbianism. It's not as sexy as it sounds. But, if I auditioned well and get a role, it will be an interesting experience at the very least. Never acted in a movie before.

No comments: