Monday, May 05, 2003

This was the first trailer for the Hulk that had me somewhat jazzed about seeing the movie. I've never been a big fan of the big green guy and I answer any trivia about the Incredible Hulk, other than gamma rays and Lou Ferigno. But, the little tiny comic geek in me wants to enjoy this film. With Ang Lee at the helm, how can this film go wrong? I don't know, but I'm keeping my expectations very low. There's just something about the CGI on the green meanie that turns me off. Maybe, it's just that CGI in the trailers isn't the finished product. The part in the trailer that finally got me juiced to see Hulk smash was when some thug was attacking Bruce Banner and he says "Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry." For some reason, my heart pumped a little faster at the moment. The directing is good, the acting looks good. I guess it's going to be the plot and special effects that make or break it. Seeing how my expectations are low, I'm trying to say away from spoilers. The less I know about the movie, the less my opinons are developed before I see the flick. The lower my expectations, the better the chances of me being blown away.

No comments: