Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Free Time (What's that?)

The show is over. It was spectacular. If you missed it, you really missed out. Despite, oh, about half the cast getting sick in the last weekend, "Joseph" really was quite a colorful feast for the eyes. And, as a bonus, the scale was down to 254 yesterday morning. Loss of about 8 pounds just doing the show. We're all praying that I don't gain it back, right?

What I don't mind gaining back is some free time. My nights are free again. I can hang with the family. I will see my son for more than 2 minutes in the morning before he goes to school. I can finally watch "Lost" as it airs and not on tape (Lord, that is a brilliant show). I can read the Bible, as opposed to performing it. Until Godspell rehersals anyway (Nice seque).

That starts at the end of the month. It runs sometime from mid-March into April and I am promising now that I am stopping for a long time after that. After that, I'm taking a break from acting until next winter at the earliest.

But, until then, I am mucho... um... excitedo... about being in Godspell. I've wanted to be apart of this show since I was five. One of the local TV stations would show the movie occassionally on Saturday nights. I remember it always started at 10:35pm. I tried and tried to stay up late enough with my sister to watch it. John would sing "Prepare Ye the way of the Lord," and I would be out well before "Day by Day." Every friggin' time. It wasn't until about 5 years ago I finally saw the whole movie. And I've never seen the stage version.

My sister and I would play-act to the vinyl album. I was the guy parts, she the girl, of course. Except when duets required us both to sing. The vinyl LP is still in my collection. I can see it from here, just sitting there begging me to put it on.

Anyway, here's the free time to spend with family and friends. And playing Madden 2005 on the PS2. And, (rejoice!) daily blog posts... Ok, no promises, but at least I have the time to do that, if only for a few weeks.

Until the next post, I'll leave you with this. It's a WMA audio file (probably need Winplayer to hear it) of my solo song from "Joseph." The song is "Go Go Joseph" and I played the Butler. We revamped my part a bit. *ahem* The file is about 8 minutes long. My solo is around 2:11 into it. Well, I don't sing until about 2:31 in. It's not CD quality but you get the idea, but it's not bad considering the audio is from a video camera mic stuck somewhere in the audience.... ENJOY!

No comments: