Monday, March 21, 2005

Bondage... Um... Bonding, yeah...

Godspell opened this past weekend and really the show was phenomenal. To give you an idea, after the Saturday 2pm matinee, we got an stand ovation from the audience of 29. If you've never done theatre before, to have that small of a crowd give you a stand O... well, you really put on a heck of a show for them. Generally, with that small of a crowd, no one in the audience wants to be "THAT GUY" who is the only one laughing at a joke or the one person standing at the end. But, wow, we did it. And that was probably our worst performance... Not a bad performance, mind you, just the least best of the four.

After the show on Saturday, Denise held a cast party and everyone showed up. Finally, the entire cast together for some bonding time outside of rehersals. I learned a few things that night. I learned that I'm glad to be 30 and well over my "drink 'til I puke and pass out" phase. And, I learned that if you have to puke, please don't puke in a ziploc baggie; that's just gross. I learned that I have gained a few valueable friendships. I learned that sometimes 6'5" or more men can't handle their liquor. I learned that I'm a world champion Flippy Cup player. Wanna guess which was the most important lesson? I'm going with the friendships...

No comments: