Thursday, April 21, 2005

Funniest Thing I've heard in ages

The State of Indiana is currently embroiled in a debate over switcing to Daylight Savings Time. Indiana is one of three other states that don't "fall back" or "spring forward." Being from a state where all I knew was DST, this seems like a silly debate. Yet, apparently, this fight has been going on for years before I moved here.

The people who are against it have some of the most ridiculous reasons for being against it. But, the reason I heard on the radio today takes the cake. I was listening to my favorite radio talk show, Abdul in the Morning, when a caller brought up the DST issue. And this is what he said (Ver-fucking-batim):
"I have several reasons for being against Daytime Savings Time, the first of which is because it isn't anywhere in the Bible."

Now, I am really digging the Bible these days, and I certainly don't mean any disrespect to God or his Word. But, are you friggin' serious? We can't have DST because it's not in the Bible? It's ass-backwards thinking like this that gives good Christians a bad name.

By the way, if you're reading this, yer sinnin' 'cause 'blogs and the internet ain't in the Bible. So, log off right now and pray for your soul not to burn in hell! *rolling eyes*

No comments: