Friday, May 20, 2005

10 Things I Think: About Star Wars

The Big Movie is out. And, no, I have yet to see it. We have tickets for Sunday at 1:15pm, it being the kid's birthday and all. But, I have been rummaging around the internet to get other's reactions to the movie and just for my own nostalga. After reading what everyone had to say, after visiting a few fan sites and after a few moments of reflection, I have a few things I'd like to say:

1) I am quite possibily the only person who likes the Episode 1 and Episode 2. Granted, it took a few viewings to really start liking Attack of the Clones, but I do like it.

2) Jar Jar Binks - Not nearly as annoying as people make him out to be. Nute Gunray does, however, get on my nerves.

3) Greedo shot first. Deal with it. Yes, Greedo is a horrible shot.

4) "The Original Trilogy is vastly superior to the Special Editions"/"Why did George Lucas fuck up the Original Trilogy?" - Here's the answer, let it sink in. The Star Wars Trilogy is his property and he wanted to tweak somethings to make it fit his vision. This is NO different than the Director's Cut of any other movie. This is NO different than putting 30 bajillion minutes of deleted scenes back into the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. I don't hear bitching about that...

5) "Ewok" is "Wookie" with the syllables reversed. No wonder they are small, cute and short haired where as Wookies are tall, scary and long haired. Wow... That's imagination hard at work Georgie...

6) How can "Revenge of the Sith" be taking shots at President Bush when the entire story started long before he took office? Feel free to compare it to Vietnam, but not the things dealing with Iraq.

7) I think to non-fans to aren't obsessed with everything Star Wars are in for a bit of a shock at finding out who Chancellor Palpitine really is in relation to Episodes 4, 5 and 6.

8) Luke did go to the Dark Side, albeit very briefly in Jedi. He subdues Darth Vadar with his rage and anger in the fight.

9) If R2D2 were a human being, he'd be a cocky Indy Racing league driver.

10) Anyone wanna let me play the Star Wars Roleplaying Game with them?

Addendum:
11) "Anakin's such a whiney baby." - Like Father, Like Son.

No comments: