Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Colds and More Important Matters...

Just when I think I'm over this cold, I woke up this morning and my throat was coated with mucus. Not that I had a sore throat or was in any pain from the cold. Not that I was stuffed up or was coughing. No, my throat was just coated with mucus that no amount of hacking up cleared. I guess that's where I am with my cold. I feel fine. Fine enough to go out and drink copious amounts of alcohol. Note: I won't be drinking. In fact, I've decided to give up alcohol. We'll see how long that lasts. Probably the first cast party where Killian's is served... But, it's about choosing the pain of disipline...

I digress. So, yeah, I'm still "poppin' up cold" every now and then and I need to blow my nose every little while. Otherwise, I'm fine... respitory health-wise, anyway.

I've been reading the Gospel of Acts the last few days. I'm very much identifying with the Apostle Paul. In the past, I have looked down on Christianity, not to the point of stoning anyone like Paul before his conversion. But reading his story of conversion, I'm struck by the simularities.

I feel God calling me to better serve His purposes. I don't think he's calling me to become a monk or a priest - we can't prove those high school Buddy O'Pals right (I was voted "Most Likely to become a Monk). But, I do feel him calling me into some sort of ministry. I guess I need to figure that out. Exactly what does God want me to do? Good Question.

For now, I'm just going to keep praying and looking in the Bible for some answers. Plus, I'm going to start volunteering more at church. I'm waiting to hear back from the leader of the Creativity Team right now. I figure that's the best place for someone like me to start, in a creative environment.

No comments: